As workloads return to some sense of normal, vehicle repairers are now having to operate under new measures and adhere to social distancing practices to maintain safety – whether that be larger work bays, rotated shifts, fewer hours, or a permanent workforce reduction.
We’re facing somewhat of a crisis (unprecedented maybe) moment in the claims workflow industry. The perfect storm. From disruption to global supply chains, increase in demand for parts, shortages from suppliers and cost increases to maximize profit, digital-led strategies have been the key to withstanding unexpected challenges. Now, they play a fundamental role in mobilizing for the future as we start to recover from 2020.
The new digital landscape demands a shift away from purely transactional relationships across existing networks. Failure to do so will be costly and regressive in an increasingly consolidating industry. Instead, we must move towards deeper, innovation-driven partnerships that will streamline the workflow and advance claims experiences.
We’ve put together our five top tips for mobilizing with digital to strengthen relationships, enhance intelligence and drive the ecosystem forward:
- Optimize points of friction – The first step to transformation is to assess your entire workflow and identify the points of tension or manual tasks that could be digitized – or even automated – effectively. From self-service consumer lead damage capture to smart triage and intelligent estimation, what intuitive solutions could remove friction at key touchpoints in the workflow to enhance speed, efficiency and precision at scale.
- Trial next-generation technologies – Revolutionary, intelligent technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI) are transforming the ecosystem and automating manual tasks to deliver a touch-less experience. Adopting these early will be the key to accelerating digital transformation.
- Connect your network – Longstanding issues, such as customer experience, human error and cost efficiency are not unique and are often shared by insurers, suppliers, and shop owners alike. Take the initiative to create a dialogue between partners, understand shared challenges and create solutions. A willingness to collaborate on a digital strategy will kickstart a collective vision that helps businesses to recover and grow stronger.
- Digitize customer experiences – Customers are crying out for more efficient digital ways to process a vehicle claim. Simple changes such as automated settlement offers via a push message or collection notifications are effective ways of streamlining communications. Against a backdrop of social distancing, intuitive damage capture solutions empower anyone to accurately capture images of vehicle damage via their own device and initiate data-led photo estimating for a truly intelligent, safer and enhanced digital claims journey.
- Speak to the experts – In a period of rapid digitization, solutions providers are the best voice of reason. With strategies, tools, and services that can support organizations through many circumstances, experts can deliver the know-how needed to start your business on the right digital journey. At Solera, we combine expertise, data and proven Repair ScienceTM to support customers in producing informed repair decisions, faster resolutions and an enhanced customer experience. Working closely with experts, businesses can understand their workflow and find the right solutions for maximum impact.
The journey to complete digital transformation has many moving parts and requires closer collaboration, not only with people but with technology. Solera is here to support the ecosystem with a set of technologies designed for smarter decisions and a stronger tomorrow. We’re bringing the power of intelligence to the modern automotive claims workflow, join us on the journey!
Want to learn more? Download our full Collaboration in a Crisis whitepaper.